Lithuanian Data Archive for Social Sciences and Humanities (LiDA) is a virtual digital infrastructure for SSH data and research resources acquisition, long-term preservation and dissemination. It provides access to more than 700 data and research resources.
All the data and research resources are documented in both English and Lithuanian according to international standards. Access to the resources is provided via the Dataverse repository: lida.dataverse.lt.
LiDA curates different types of resources and they are published into catalogues according to the type: Survey Data, Aggregated Data (including Historical Statistics), Encoded Data (including News Media Studies), and Textual Data. Also, LiDA holds collections of social sciences and humanities data deposited by Lithuanian science and higher education institutions and Lithuanian state institutions (Data of Other Institutions).
LiDA Dataverse repository User Guide
An English version of the Dataverse repository User Guide is available here.
LiDA provides public access to the curated data and other resources under conditions consistent with OECD recommendations and guidelines for access to research data. (OECD Principles and Guidelines for Access to Research Data from Public Funding):
- The data is available to the registered users of the LiDA Dataverse repository under the Creative Commons license CC BY-SA 4.0, if not indicated otherwise. Individuals and organizations wishing to use data licensed differently must apply in writing for access to the specific data. Regardless of the data access restrictions, everyone can browse and use all the descriptions of the data stored in the LiDA Dataverse repository (metadata, including fieldwork resources, research instruments and other data collection information) as well as other information under the Creative Commons license CC BY-SA 4.0.
- In order to ensure the confidentiality of the data stored in the LiDA Dataverse repository, users must agree to the confidentiality declaration before using the data. The declaration of confidentiality obliges LiDA Dataverse repository users to protect the confidentiality of any information to which they have been granted access, if this information directly or indirectly identifies specific individuals. Intentional or unintentional disregard for this obligation may incur liability under applicable data protection laws.
- Users undertake not to transfer data curated by the LiDA and to which they have been granted access to any third parties.
- Publications based on the data or other resources curated by the LiDA should acknowledge this. To ensure that such attributions are captured by social science bibliographic utilities, citations must appear in the footnotes or in the reference section of publications.
- The users are also required to provide bibliographic information about all forms of publications referring to the data and other resources curated at the LiDA (in written form or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Information Voluntarily Provided by You when Registering
When you register for an account with LiDA Dataverse repository, we collect your name, email address, (and optionally) institution and position.
In addition, if the Guestbook feature is activated for a particular dataset, then any information filled out in the Guestbook is made available to the dataverse administrator, dataset manager, and dataset curator.
Information Collected Through Your Use of the LiDA Dataverse Repository
When you access the web site of the LiDA Dataverse repository, our web server software generates logfiles of the IP address of your computer. These web server logs are retained on a temporary basis and then deleted completely from our systems. When you download a file from LiDA Dataverse repository, our software collects user account data such as your name, username, email, institution and position if provided (or the session ID data for guest users) and accompanying download data such as the time of the download. This information is then made available to the dataverse administrator, dataset manager, and dataset curator of the file.
We also use Google Analytics to collect data on how our users are using LiDA Dataverse repository so that we can improve its functionality. Please see the Google Privacy & Terms for information on how Google handles these data.
Use of Information
We use your IP address and files you access to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site by identifying (1) which parts of our site are most heavily used, and (2) what is our audience. We also use this information to tailor site content to user needs and to generate aggregate statistical reports on site usage. At no time do we disclose information about site usage by individual users.
With the exception of the data collected during downloads, which are made available only to the file owner, we do not share any directly identifiable personal information we gather or develop about our users to any third parties for any purpose unless required by law. Any reports we may share externally would use unidentifiable, aggregated data.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the curated information under our control.
This policy was last modified: 2021 09 22.